Backup and restore is one of tasks of web master, if I don’t want to say it is very important. Imagine that you forgot backing up your website/blog/forum/… for several months, what will comes to you if your website suddenly crashed? If you are a employee, you may be sacked; if you are business owner, you may be broken. At least, you lose something in your past website.
When you chose WordPress for your site, this tasks will be much easier with plugin BackupWordpress. You can’t imagine that it will automatically backing up both files and database for you without much consumption of your server resources. Oops, it sounds great, because you don’t need to exchange by your site performance.
BackUpWordPress will back up your entire site including your database and all your files on a schedule that suits you.
- Manage multiple schedules.
- Super simple to use, no setup required.
mysqldumpfor faster back ups if they are available.
- Works in low memory, “shared host” environments.
- Option to have each backup file emailed to you.
- Works on Linux & Windows Server.
- Exclude files and folders from your back ups.
- Good support should you need help.
- Translations for Spanish, German, Chinese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Lithuanian, Italian, Czech, Dutch, French, Basque.
To install it, in your WordPress Admin, visit Plugins –> Add New –> Search and type “BackupWordpress”. This will shows you the result list, and you can easily find this plugin. Just click Install and it will be installed in your WordPress environment.
I myself backup both files and database once weekly for a bunch of sites, and download it to my secured storage device. Just a piece of time, and I don’t be worried about the security or anything related to my sites. I hope you will find it helpful as well as me.